Monday, November 29, 2010

concentrations,and my second blog entry

All of my concentrations are based on chess. I chose this topic because chess is a sport that I really enjoy. so far i have only finished 2 of my 12 concentrations.  for my first 2 concentrations it can be clearly seen that chess is the main topic. they both feature friends of mine in the chess club. In one of the pictures I show my friend thinking about his next move. (In chess thinking and strategizing is the main point of the game). In the other picture i show my friend in the high point of a chess match. He is taking a piece of the opponents pieces hoping to gain an upper-hand in the game. in order to make these pieces i had to take a camera to the chess matches. Then after I had finished my match i took out my camera and started taking pictures of my friends playing the game. Then once I had 2 pictures that i liked i got them of the camera and started to photo-shop them. in the first picture i just turned the contrast in the picture all the up. In the second pictures i first cut out to piece i wanted to stay the same and then filtered the other part (i Liquified it).  i chose the biggest brush and went over that specific part of the artwork and then pasted the other part back on it. by doing this i gave the perspective that nothing but the chess pieces had the focus. kinda giving it the impression that nothing else except the chess match mattered. After that i turned the contrast up until i liked it. These artworks were inspired by my interest in chess and all the other works that i have seen dealing with photography. I intend to have my all my other concentration works deal with chess, and they too will have higher contrast levels  
                      
                                                                              Concentration #1




                                                                            Concentration #2
                                                      

1 comment:

  1. Great start! Be sure to post the images of your forst 2 works!

    ReplyDelete